Wednesday 26 May 2010

What a difference a month makes!

Yesterday (Tuesday) I decided to go back to the Bluebell Walk to see the bluebells.  I checked on the website and although they officially closed the Centre on Sunday, because the bluebells had been so late, they were still beautiful and the owners would leave the walk open until Bank Holiday Monday.  So along I trooped yesterday, book and camera in hand.  It was a beautiful day and I went quite early in the morning.  There was no one else around and it was absolutely stunning.  The heat brought out the perfume of the bluebells, the birds were singing, sun shining and all was well with the world!!

So here are some of the bluebells:





I show lots and lots more pictures but they are all of the bluebells - beautiful though, aren't they?
xx



7 comments:

Lynn said...

Stunning! Well worth a second trip.

liz said...

Thanks Lynn, they certainly were. x

Linda said...

Thanks Iiz, saw the site before they extended the dates and thought i'd missed it. Will try to go at weekend, beautiful photos x

liz said...

If you can, do try Linda. You'll not be disappointed. x

Anita said...

Hiya Lovey
Such gorgeous pics, so glad you got to see them in the end, well worth the wait. Look forward to seeing the pages that come from these :)..xxxxx

Scrappy~Sarah said...

gorgeous. Reminds me of the woods when I was little . One day I will get there for a bluebell walk :)

liz said...

Thanks guys. One day Anita, one day!!! Sarah I think that's why I love them so much - they bring back such lovely childhood memories. You really should try and go, its well worth it. x