Tuesday 3 July 2012

Well I've done it!!

Well I am now officially retired, finally.  Friday was my last day.  I really was dreading it, but it wasn't too bad, in the end.  I've been at my current job since 1990 and in the hospital generally since 1983!  So quite a long time.  I told my team I did not want a fuss and bless them, they really fought my corner for me.  On the Wednesday they all brought cakes and gave me my presents, very informal.  They presented me with this enormous card and look at all the signatures!!




I couldn't believe it - they bought me a Kindle Touch, a pink leather cover, money to buy some books for my Kindle and a bottle of Brandy.  How lucky am I?

The other Medical Education Managers from the Deanery bought me a beautiful bucket of flowers - so beautiful.




Not to mention lots of individual cards too.

There were lots of tears on Friday but I got out as soon as possible.  A kind friend had arranged for me to meet up for supper and then we all played cards.  A lovely ending, figuratively, and the end of an era too.

Now I've got to keep myself occupied otherwise I'll just lie in bed all day!  So I'm planning on going round lots of garden nurseries and farm shops for the time being and I'm sure I'll find other things to occupy my time.

So hopefully I shall be boring you more with my blog in future!!

Bye x

4 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

Enjoy your retirement - just think how much time you will have for crafting now!!

Karen x

liz said...

Thank you Karen. I know, its lovely. I still haven't got my head round having all this time yet, but I will. x

Linda said...

Enjoy your time Liz, i'm sure you'll soon wonder when you ever found time to go to work! X

Karen said...

Enjoy your free time Liz - you deserve it. x