Thursday 19 November 2015

A never-ending card


Hello again


In January 2012 I made a never-ending card.  I hadn't made any more for ages so I decided to make one for my middle grand-daughter, Emily's birthday.  She loves fairies, as so many girls do, andI thought I would decorate the card with the Flower Fairies from Crafters Companion.


I printed off some decoupage from one of the Flower Fairies CDs for the front of the card.  I also had the Fairyopoulos Cardmaking Kit which had the sentiments on in rub on transfers.  Then I used a CC heart embossing folder matted with silver card.



On the next fold I stamped both the pixie and the toadstool and coloured them in using  my Promarkers.  I'm afraid I don't know where the stamps came from.  I have a feeling they may have been freebies, but I'm not sure.  Apologies.


On the third fold I picked pictures I had in the Fairyopolis Cardmaking Kit, cut them out and mounted them on silver card.  I also used a couple of flowers that came with the kit.


On the last fold I used pictures from the Cardmaking Kit again and also some of the little tags which were included.  Apologies for the photo being sideways on!  I can't make it import correctly!!

Then we're back to the beginning.

I have to say Emily was thrilled with the card and it stands in pride of place on her bedroom shelf.

The card is very effective and quite simple to make.  Would you believe it only takes four pieces of card? If you would like to make one, just look it up on the internet.  I made this card larger than they suggested using 8" card instead of 6" but there really is no limit to size I don't think!

Thank you for looking.

Liz x

No comments: