Sunday 29 November 2015

Another birthday card

Hello again

Can you believe we're nearly at the end of 2015!  I can remember when I started at Grammar School ('in the olden days' as my children used to say - cheeky monkeys!) my teacher telling us that time would speed up and fly by so to enjoy the present as much as you possible.  How right she was!

I have another birthday card to show you today which I made for my grandson in Australia.     He is mad on all sport but loves 'footie' as they call it and is in a local soccer team.  So I thought I'd be clever and colour the stamp using Adam's team colours.  I showed my son so he could see how thoughtful I'd been putting the correct colours on Adam's card, before he took it back to Oz, he said I'd got my sports confused.  Apparently 'footie' plays with a rugby ball and soccer is with a football and the colours I'd used were for his soccer team.   I said well I've covered both in one card, so what a clever grandma I was!!  He wasn't so impressed.  Hey ho!   


Hopefully Adam will appreciate what I was trying to do!!

I used CC Scruffy Little Kitten, Alfie stamp for the main card and matted it in yellow and then used the Lili of the Valley stamp and matted it in blue for the smaller topper.  The sentiment is a stamp which I think was a freebie.

Thank you for looking.

Liz x

No comments: