Friday 4 March 2016

Sheena Douglass Perfect Partners

Hi there

I don't whether you have seen Sheena Douglass on Create and Craft TV recently but she has brought out some more stamp and die sets - Home Life.



This set is all to do with in the garden, seeds, vegetables and equipment.  I couldn't resist buying them as I love things to do with the garden, although I'm not so keen on doing it nowadays!!


It is a very clever system.  I cut out the different items using the dies on thin card.  I believe you can either then stamp the cut out dies and then colour or colour first and then stamp onto the cut outs.  I did the latter and found it worked very well.


The background I made following ideas from Sheena Douglass which she demonstrated on the television.  I took a piece of 6 x 6 kraft card and painted it, quite thickly, with Adirondack Pearl Acrylic Paint.  Once it had dried I used one of the stamps and stamped them all around the edges of the card, using black Staze-on ink.


Then, using gold Metallic Wax Patina, I rubbed it along the edges gently and then buffed it.  I also used some distressing ink along the edges too.


The trug basket has cuts in it which allow the vegetables to be inserted in the basket making it look more realistic.  The seed packet has been distressed and then painted with a little scene on the front.  

The card is then matted with black card which is then placed onto a card itself.  I thoroughly enjoyed making this card and 'playing' with the presentation.  I shall be making many different variations, I think!

Thank you for looking.

Liz x


2 comments:

Anita said...

This is really super Liz, you are so clever xx

liz said...

Thank you Anita. I enjoyed making them. X