Saturday 23 April 2016

Sparkly flower cards

Hello

I thought I'd show you some cards I made taking inspiration from Sara Davies' blog.


The base of the card is plain white which I have distressed using Tim Holtz Distress Inks.    On top of that I added a plain white card.

Then using a Cuttlebug embossing folder I embossed some white card which I cut into four equal squares.  I then distressed the edges of the four squares with matching distress ink.

Die cut some flowers - I used Crafters Companion flower dies and leaves (sorry but I can't remember the name of them!) and Memory Box Serafina Heart and Elegant Scrollwork  onto plain white card.

Again using the matching distress ink rub the colour onto the card, through the die.  The scrollwork and heart dies I sparkled using CC Stick and Stay spray glue and then sprinkled some crystal glitter onto them.


To assemble the card, place the four squares onto the card, keeping them aligned.  Then add the heart and scrollwork onto the card, positioning them so you can see them when the flowers are added.  Using silicone glue, put the flowers on the top wherever you want.  I also add a little bit of sparkle in the centre of the flowers.  I then cut a little label, distressed it and then stamped the message on, using the matching ink.

And there you have it.  I have shown them to quite a few people and they have been very well received.

Thank you for looking.

Liz x


3 comments:

Anita said...

These are really lovely Liz xx

liz said...

Thank you Anita. I can't take the credit though. I just changed the colours!!

Linda said...

Really pretty x