Tuesday 21 June 2016

Special Baby card

Hello

Today I thought I'd show you a Special New Baby card for a baby who was desperately wanted.


This is the end result with the envelope I made as well, using Crafter's Companion Envelobox, as I needed it to have a little bit of depth.  I used Centura Hint of Silver card and  cut a couple of sticky velcro dots to close it.


I had cardboard cutouts of the letters to make 'baby' and thought it would make a lovely card.  I am sorry I can't remember where I got it from as I've had it for quite a few years.  


I cut out the letters using Bazzil card stock as I didn't want it to be too thick and heavy. You can see the letters have an extra length of card so you can punch holes in to fix the card together.   


I then cut out matching papers and used the template again to cut out the letters, attaching the paper on top of the card as I wanted.  


I added a bit of ribbon too to delineate between the end of the paper and where the letter begins.

This is the back of the letter 'B' which I covered too.


I decorated the plain letters with some faux stitching, using a fine marker pen to make them stand out more.

On the back of the card, on the 'Y' template part of the card I stamped the Crafters Companion baby stamp onto white card, coloured it in using my watercolour pencils and matted it with darker card.


I had a few little baby stickers in my stash so added them to the various letters, adding some Glossy Accents onto parts of the paper.




I used matching ribbon to thread through the holes and tied little knots on each one, which you can see on the finished card picture at the top of the blog.

I thoroughly enjoyed making this card and I hope the receiver was pleased with it too.

Thank you for looking.

Liz x  


No comments: